Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Baby is Five!


On November 18, 2003 Halee Rachelle Mecham was born. She is our youngest of four. It's hard to believe that it's been five years! It's a little sad. Next year she will start kindergarten and I will find myself with the free time I've been dreaming of. Now that this free time is coming closer I'm not so sure that's what I want. Can't she stay my baby forever? Halee is a beautiful young lady who won't be pushed around, yet she knows how to milk her "baby of the family" status. She loves to play mommy of 4 to 6 babies. It's not uncommon to find her pushing a stroller loaded with dolls and loading a carrier with a couple more. When she goes across the street to play with her friend, Bryson, she finds all of his baby brother's empty bottles hiding around the house and brings them to his mom. One time Halee spearheaded the "no bear bum mission" at Bryson's house. They got all the stuffed animals they could find and without Karen catching them until the mission was complete, they diapered every bears' bum. After removing the diapers, Bryson's mom now had a lovely basket full of all ready unfolded diapers for her to use. Halee will make an excellent mother one day.
She loves babies so much that she wanted to have a baby birthday party. The invitations read:"It's a Girl and she's 5! Halee's not a baby any more but she is having a baby birthday party." We decorated like it was a baby shower. I even got a call from the R.S. president that noticed the I'ts a girl banner on the front door and was wondering if she missed something.
We tasted baby food, played pin the binky on the baby's mouth, baby bingo, and had a baby dressing relay. The kids took home real baby bottles. Now Halee and Karli are drinking from them! I don't want to have to ween her again. What have I done!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sweet little Halee! I love that little girl! What a fun little party!

Karen said...

She is so so so cute (even if she does ruin all my diapers!) Her party was the cutest!!! You always out do yourself!!! That's pretty funny about getting the call from the RS president!!! Bryson had so much fun at the party... He came home and told me he got a bunch of stuff for Sawyer... I was unaware that he put the "little tiny diaper" in with Sawyer's until my little niece who was baby sitting came out and said "I don't think this going to fit Sawyer!" I'm glad I was still there or Sawyer would of been wearing "speedo" diaper all day!!! Happy Birthday Halee!!!