Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

On Saturday we had a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt which my friend, Jessica, and I put together at the park. Everyone seemed to have a good time. After the Great Egg Hunt we went home and colored eggs, which was always my favorite thing to do as a kid. I wanted to join in on the fun, but after helping everyone else and the egg hunt the desire kind of wore off as fatigue set in. The kiddies had fun though. On Sunday my parents and sister came over for dinner and we watched Mr. Bean's Holiday. It was fun. Usually I go to great lengths to plan a nice Easter dinner and something spiritual, but this year I planned this at the last minute and just really wasn't in the right spirit. I hope next year to make it more meaningful. My mom brought some plastic eggs and told the kids to put something inside it that represents Easter. Halee put a small baby in hers and said that it meant new life. Woa! Karli made a flower out of candy which was quite a piece of art and Taylor put a Yoda in his. Kids are wonderful.

4 comments:

Jennybug said...

Heather, cute pictures! Hey, you have been "BAG TAGGED"! We want to see what's in your purse!

Karen said...

Heather I love the idea with Easter eggs that you Mom did. I am going to do that next year! Cute pictures!!!

Karen said...

Heather, I love the colors on your blog!!! It looks great! Cute pictures too!

Byron said...

awww love you guys happy easter.... I need to be at the next family gathering or maybe just show up at your house one of these days... I work to much I tell ya.. Love ya,
Byron