Friday, April 11, 2008

A Sticky Situation


The other day my sweet friend, Heidi, took my kids all afternoon for me. As if she doesn't already have enough to do. So she wanted to take them to Arctic Circle for ice cream. They wanted to sit in the very back of her suburban where the trunk space is. (She has a small row of seats that face the back window with seat belts.) She retells the story of how she couldn't see them or hear anything except for giggling. Upon arriving at their destination, Heidi was surprised to find Halee with her wad of bubble gum stuck in her hair and Taylor's gum stuck in his belly button. Halee explained to Heidi that Taylor thought it would be fun if they stuck the gum to different parts of their bodies. Poor Heidi. It was pretty funny though. Today Taylor's belly button is sore from him still picking gum out of it!
Well now I have something embarrassing admit something. A while ago Trevor and I went out with some friends and after dinner we went to their house to watch a movie. Well it was pretty late and I was pretty tired, so I made myself comfortable on the love sac. My gum got really old and it was driving me crazy to chew it any longer. But of course it was too inconvenient for me to get up out of the love sac and have to miss part of the movie to find somewhere to throw it away. So I came up with the brilliant idea sticking the gum to my leg. There's no way I would forget that it was there! Well I totally forgot. The next morning I couldn't figure out why the leather chair in my office that I was sitting on had gum all over it. Finally I found it stuck to my pajama bottoms. What a MORON! I'm worse than my kids! Tip of the day: BUY GOO-GONE! It got the gum off my chair in a snap!

3 comments:

The Ackerman Family said...

That is a hilarious story! I have actually done something similar, where we were out to dinner and there was cloth napkins and I didn't have anywhere to put my gum. So I stuck it on my chair(it was a wood chair), thinking I would remember and I would put it in the trash later. I totally forgot and it ended up all over my pants! It was so dumb...I should have stuck it UNDER the chair, J/K!

Karen said...

That is so funny, like mother like daughter!

Jennybug said...

In the belly button? What a crack up! When I was little I put smarties in my arm pit, I was pretending it was a bowl! I know I am a nerd!